Our 5-day instructor-led IINS (Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security) training and certification boot camp in Washington, DC Metro, Tysons Corner, VA, Columbia, MD or Live Online is directed toward IT networking professionals. It covers:
- AAA on Cisco devices
- Cisco firewall technologies
- Cisco IPS
- Layer 2 attacks
- Common security threats
- IOS ACLs
- Secure network management & reporting
- Security on Cisco routers
- VPN technologies
This course will prepare you for the CCNA® Security Certification exam.
Before taking this course, you should be familiar with the concepts covered in the ICND1 Certification Training course, have a knowledge of Cisco IOS networking, and can work with a Windows operating system. Cisco recommends having either the CCENT or CCNA® Routing and Switching certifications.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Not seeing a good fit?
Let us know. Our team of instructional designers, curriculum developers, and subject matter experts can create a custom course for you.
Learn more about custom training
Understanding Security Fundamentals
- Goals of security
- Network topologies
- Common network security zones
Understanding Security Threats
- Common network attacks
- Social engineering
- Data loss and exfiltration
- Symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Hashing algorithims
- Key exchange
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
Securing the Routing Process
- Securing router access
- Implementing OSPF routing update authentication
- Securing the control plane
Understanding Layer 2 Attacks
- Understanding STP attacks
- Understanding ARP attacks
- Understanding MAC attacks
- Understanding CAM overflows
- Understanding CDP/LLDP reconnaissance
- Understanding VLAN hopping
- Understanding DHCP spoofing
Preventing Layer 2 Attacks
- Configuring DHCP snooping
- Configuring dynamic ARP inspection
- Configuring port security
- Configuring STP security features
- Disabling DTP
- Verifying mitigations
- Native VLANs
- ACLs on switches
Securing Management Traffic
- In-band and out-of-band management
- Securing network management
- Securing access through SNMP v3
- Securing NTP
- Using SCP for file transfer
Understanding 802.1x and AAA
- 8021.x components
- RADIUS and TACACS+ technologies
- Configuring administrative access with TACACS+
- Understanding authentication and authorization using ACS and ISE
- Understanding the integration of active directory with AAA
Securing a BYOD Initiative
- The BYOD architecture framework
- The function of mobile device management
- Understanding IPsec
- Understanding advanced VPN concepts
- Configuring remote access VPNs
- Configuring site-to-site VPNs
- Understanding firewall technologies
- Stateful vs stateless firewalls
Configuring NAT and Zone-Based Firewalls
- Implementing NAT on ASA 9.x
- Configuring zone-based firewalls
Configuring the Firewall on an ASA
- Understanding firewall services
- Understanding modes of deployment
- Understanding methods of implementing high availability
- Understanding security contexts
- Configuring ASA management access
- Configuring Cisco ASA interface security levels
- Configuring security access policies
- Configuring default Cisco modular policy framework (MPF)
- IPS terminology
- Evasion techniques
- Introducing Cisco FireSIGHT
- Understanding modes of deployment
- Positioning of the IPS within the network
- Understanding false positives, false negatives, true positives and true negatives
Content and Endpoint Security
- Mitigating email threats
- Mitigating web-based threats
- Mitigating endpoint threats
210-260 IINS Certification Exam Details:
- Number of Questions: 60-70
- Test Duration: 90 minutes
- Test Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer, Drag and drop, Testlets, Simlets and Router & Switch Simulations
- Test Delivery: Pearson VUE
Exam focuses on these skill areas:
- Secure network infrastructure
- Understanding core security concepts
- Managing secure access
- VPN encryption
- Intrusion prevention
- Web and email content security
- Endpoint security
- Installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of a secure network to maintain integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices
IINS Certification Training Resources
Cybersecurity Mindful Moments by Tara Lemieux
CompTIA and Continuing Education (CE’s)
Boost your Cyber Security Awareness
Why You Should Invest in Cyber Security
Diversity: A Tough Topic Worth Tackling
Benefits and Advantages of Instructor-Led Courseware
Data, Data, and more Data!!!
Be Prepared for Anything with EDRP
Learn How to Make Your Dream Business a Reality
The FYI ABOUT PMP from PMI
STRENGTHEN YOUR CYBERCORE!
Security + Changes!
What’s the 411 with the updated CySA+?
How to Maintain Team Building While Working Remotely!
All About the CISSP
Get CCNA-ready in 2020!
IT Project Managers, a career of keeping business IT on track!
Jira – The Godzilla of Team Support Tools!
What’s All the Buzz Around Microsoft Azure?
Get the E-Book!
The Adobe Connect Way!
Train, Test and Certify From Home!
Critical Thinking in the Workplace
Are you Teleworking Now? Watch out. Cybersecurity risks are everywhere!
Everything you wanted to know about the Security+ SY0-601 but were afraid to ask!
Hey Remote Worker! You Better be Using Email Best Practices
Head in the Cloud? Time to Face Cyber Security Reality
Companies use COVID-19 Downtime to Educate their Workforce Online
CCNA Courses: 8 Cisco Career Certifications to Pursue
Cisco Announces Major Updates to CCNA Certification