IT Project Managers, a career of keeping business IT on track!
July 8, 2020
Project Management for IT Professionals
One major aspect of our high-tech society is the use of information technology. Just about every business is reliant upon information technology for daily operations. Companies would not be able to send emails, host virtual meetings, or save and share important documents without the use of IT. IT professionals play an important role in their company because they are responsible for managing all the programs and equipment involved with computer systems. Therefore, it is critical that IT professionals can understand and manage these systems. Project Management for IT Professionals teaches technical personnel how to apply their IT knowledge and integrate it into their company to achieve goals.
What is Project Management?
Project management is the practice of organizing team members, finances, tools, documents and all other necessary materials to achieve a certain a goal. The goal is to complete the project within a deadline. The project management process requires monitoring every phase of the project and ensuring that all tasks are being completed along the way. For IT professionals, project management includes identifying the goals of an IT manager and understanding the role of the IT team throughout the project. Specific responsibilities for the IT team may involve factoring IT products into an organization’s budget, identifying IT hardware and software solutions and building or upgrading an organization’s internal systems.
Training at Phoenix TS
Phoenix TS offers Project Management for IT Professionals, a comprehensive training course ideal for IT teams and project managers alike.
In this 4-day, instructor-led course, participants will:
- Define and explain the importance of managing risks and managing knowledge
- Learn the evolution of project management along with the key people and events
- Identify the role of today’s IT project manager
- Identify the goals of IT project management: deliverables, standards, documentation
- Name and define the stages and importance of the project lifecycle
- Understand the purpose, objectives, activities, roles, inputs and outputs of the Project Planning Phase
- Understand the purpose, objectives, activities, roles, inputs and outputs of the Analysis and Design Phases
- Understand the purpose, objectives, activities, roles, inputs and outputs of the Construction Phase
- Understand the purpose, objectives, activities, roles, inputs and outputs of the Test Planning and Preparation Phase
- Understand the purpose, objectives, activities, roles, inputs and outputs of the Roll-out Planning and Implementation Phase
- Learn various project management methodologies and the best implementation of each.
Participants can also look forward to deep dive into the following parts of the project management process:
- IT Project Management skills
- Roles and responsibilities
- Context and process groups
- Controlling costs
- Managing scope
- Effective time management
- Integration management
Phoenix TS other Project Management course offerings include:
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
- CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Management Essentials for Non-Project Managers
- Project Management Principles
To sign up for an online course today, visit phoenixts.com or call 240-667-7757.
Also Phoenix TS offers free resources for some project management tittles including assessment tests and quizzes. To access them go to: https://phoenixts.com/resources
“What Does an IT Manager Do?” Career Explorer, SOKANU INTERACTIVE INC., 2020,
“What Is Project Management?” Project Management Institute, 2020,