Data Science for Leaders: Building a Data Driven Strategy Price: $1,990
Training promotions may be available, contact a training consultant at 240-667-7507 for more information!
This 2-day instructor-led training experience teaches leaders and executives how to identify opportunities to make better decisions by utilizing new insights from data: which tools, techniques and approaches can and should be used for data science projects: how to avoid pitfalls when drawing conclusions from data; and how to create a strategy for building a data science team and capability to improve decision making across the organization.
Data Science for Leaders: Building a Data Driven Strategy Course Includes:
- 2 days of instructor-led training
- Class exercises in addition to training instruction
- Courseware books, notepads, pens, highlighters and other materials
- Course retake option
- A second voucher included with full purchase
- Full breakfast with variety of bagels, fruits, yogurt, doughnuts and juice
- Tea, coffee, and soda available throughout the day
- Freshly baked cookies every afternoon - *only at participating locations
Data Science User Cases & Frameworks
- What is data science and how is it related to Big Data?
- Data Science Use Cases and Success Stories
- Which frameworks can you use to organize the workflow of a data science project and direct your team?
- Which approaches can you use to find insights using data?
Data Science Tools and Technologies -- Reference Architecture
- Which steps are required in the data pipeline from ingestion to analysis?
- Which technologies are available for working with data at various stages of the data pipeline?
- How do different tools and technologies for working with data compare in their functionality, strengths and weaknesses?
Building and Managing a Data Science Team
- Which skills does you data science team need for a robust capability?
- What to look for when hiring data scientists and what to avoid
- How to structure your data science team for maximum input
- Should you buy or build a data science capability and how much can it cost?
Data Science Challenges -- Getting it Right
- What are the pitfalls of analyzing data? How can you avoid statistical fallacies?
- Which assumptions do you need to be aware of when prosecuting data science projects?
- How to best visualize data and how to avoid optical illusions and other traps
Data Science for Leaders: Building a Data Driven Strategy Course Objectives:
- Choose the correct tools, techniques and approaches for data science projects
- Avoid pitfalls when drawing conclusions from data
- Create a strategy for building a data science team