Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food to our students who attend class at our Training Center; however, our Break Areas are currently open where students will find a constant supply of Coffee, Tea and Water. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat in our breakrooms or at their seat in the classroom or eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
Phoenix TS’ 1-day, instructor-led Mentoring and Coaching course focuses on how to better coach your employees to higher performance. Coaching and Mentoring helps demonstrate the process of relationship building and setting goals. This course will review:
- Define coaching, mentoring and the GROW model.
- Identify and set appropriate goals using the SMART technique of goal setting.
- Identify the steps necessary in defining the current state or reality of your employee’s situation.
- Identify the steps in developing a finalized plan or wrapping it up and getting your employee motivated to accomplish those plans.
- Identify the benefits of building and fostering trust with your employee.
- Identify the steps in giving effective feedback while maintaining trust.
- Identify and overcoming common obstacles.
- Identify when the coaching is at an end and transitioning your employee to other growth opportunities
- Identify the difference between mentoring and coaching.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Defining Coaching and Mentoring
- What is Coaching?
- What is Mentoring?
- Introducing the GROW Model
Module Three: Setting Goals
- Goals in the context of GROW
- Identifying Appropriate Goal Areas
- Setting SMART Goals
Module Four: Understanding the Reality
- Getting a Picture of Where You Are
- Identifying Obstacles
- Exploring the Past
Module Five: Developing Options
- Identifying Paths
- Choosing Your Final Approach
- Structuring a Plan
Module Six: Wrapping it All Up
- Creating the Final Plan
- Identifying the First Step
- Getting Motivated
Module Seven: The Importance of Trust
- What is Trust?
- Trust and Coaching
- Building Trust
Module Eight: Providing Feedback
- The Feedback Sandwich
- Providing Constructive Criticism
- Encouraging Growth and Development
Module Nine: Overcoming Roadblocks
- Common Obstacles
- Re-Evaluating Goals
- Focusing on Progress
Module Ten: Reaching the End
- How to Know When You”ve Achieved Success
- Transitioning the Coachee
- Wrapping it All Up
Module Eleven: How Mentoring Differs from Coaching
- The Basic Differences
- Blending the Two Models
- Adapting the GROW Model for Mentoring
- Focusing on the Relationship