Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food to our students who attend class at our Training Center; however, our Break Areas are currently open where students will find a constant supply of Coffee, Tea and Water. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat in our breakrooms or at their seat in the classroom or eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course provides and overview of the role of a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt. The curriculum covers everything within the Lean Six Sigma D-M-A-I-C body of knowledge and the problem solving strategy is demonstrated throughout the course. Various Statistical and Business Improvement tools help you to understand the flow and process of the methodology. At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- discuss the basics of Six Sigma.
- identify Six Sigma methodologies.
- describe the fundamentals of the Define phase.
- describe the fundamentals of project management.
- apply management and planning tools used across the DMAIC methodology to identify opportunities for improvement.
- identify key metrics of a Six Sigma project.
- describe team dynamics.
- identify the basic concepts related to the Measure phase.
- perform basic probability and statistical calculations.
- describe the data collection plan.
- describe descriptive measures of statistics.
- use graphical methods to depict process performance.
- analyze and interpret a measurement system’s capability.
- conduct process capability and performance studies.
- describe the fundamentals of the Analyze phase.
- conduct hypothesis testing.
- conduct the Six Sigma Improve phase.
- describe the Control phase of the DMAIC methodology.
- describe SPC.
- describe the implementation of Six Sigma.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Module 1: Overview
- Six Sigma and Organizational Goals
- Lean Principles in the Organization
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Methodologies
Module 2: Define Phase
- Project Identification
- Voice of the Customer
- Project Management Basics
- Management and Planning Tools
- Business Results for Projects
- Team Dynamics and Performance
Module 3: Measure Phase
- Process Analysis and Documentation
- Probability and Statistics
- Statistical Distributions
- Collecting and Summarizing Data
- Measurement System Analysis
- Process and Performance Capability
Module 4: Analyze Phase
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Hypothesis Testing
Module 5: Improve Phase
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Root Cause Analysis
- Lean Tools
Module 6: Control Phase
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Control Plan
- Lean Tools for Process Control