Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food to our students who attend class at our Training Center; however, our Break Areas are currently open where students will find a constant supply of Coffee, Tea and Water. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat in our breakrooms or at their seat in the classroom or eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
Our 1 day Excel 2019 Level 1 course provides the basic concepts and skills students need to start being productive with Microsoft Excel 2019. Participants will learn how to create, save, share, and print worksheets that contain various kinds of calculations and formatting. This course, and the two that come after, map to the objectives of the Microsoft Office Specialist and Expert exams for Excel 2019.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
By the end of this course, participants will know:
- How to open and interact with Excel
- How to enter various kinds of data, formulas and functions
- How to format text and numbers
- About various data-entry shortcuts
- How to create charts
- How to split and manage worksheet windows
- About workbook properties, how to check workbooks for accessibility and compatibility issues, and how to use templates
Chapter 1: Fundamentals
- Module A: Getting around
- Module B: Workbook basics
Chapter 2: Creating worksheets
- Module A: Entering data
- Module B: Formulas
- Module C: Functions
- Module D: Moving and copying data
- Module E: Reference types
Chapter 3: Formatting
- Module A: Text formatting
- Module B: Number formatting
- Module C: Alignment
- Module D: Borders and highlighting
- Module E: Styles and themes
Chapter 4: Manipulating data
- Module A: Data entry shortcuts
- Module B: Paste options
- Module C: Inserting, deleting, and hiding
Chapter 5: Charts
- Module A: Creating charts
- Module B: Chart types and elements
Chapter 6: Output
- Module A: Managing worksheet windows
- Module B: Printing worksheets
- Module C: Sharing workbooks
Chapter 7: Settings and templates
- Module A: Workbook options and properties
- Module B: Templates
This course, and the two that come after, map to the objectives of the Microsoft Office Specialist and Expert exams for Excel 2019.
Microsoft Excel 2019 Level 1 Training FAQ’s
What are the requirements for MS Excel 2019 Level 1?
The courseware assumes students know how to use a computer, and that they’re familiar with Microsoft Windows. It does not assume that they’ve used a different version of Excel or another spreadsheet program before.
Students will benefit most from this course if:
- They want to accomplish basic workplace tasks in Excel 2019, or if they want to have a solid foundation for continuing on to become an Excel Expert
- They intend to take a Microsoft Office Specialist or Expert exam for Excel, this courseware is a good place to start their preparation, but they will need to continue on to other courses in the series to be fully prepared for either exam.