Every worker has traits that when applied with purpose allow them to emerge as a leader. The objective of this program is to help non-supervisory employees recognize their personality styles, and then guide them to apply their strengths to the tenets of leadership roles. Participants in this program learn about their personality and behavioral style through a series of DiSC assessments. Each participant’s understanding of his or her DiSC profile will inform classroom lessons on leadership principles. At the conclusion of this training program, participants will be able to do the following:
- Understand their DiSC Workplace assessment profile
- Identify and understand the essential roles of a leader.
- Identify their leadership style.
- Identify leadership critical success factors.
- Identify the types of teams.
- Implement the TORI team building model.
- Identify the five stages of team development.
- Identify their team player type.
- Develop a team action plan.
- Identify the responsibilities of a supervisor.
- Discern between orders, requests, and suggestions.
- Efficiently manage challenging situations.
- Recognize the importance of preparing for negotiation.
- Identify different negotiation styles.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Module 1: Understanding Leadership
- About Leadership
- Understanding Your Comfort Zone
- Managing Performance
- Servant Leadership
- Onboarding and Orientation
Module 2: Five Practices
- Practices One: Challenge the Process
- Practice Two: Inspire a Shared Vision
- Practice Three: Enable Others to Act
- Image Identification
- Practices Four: Model the Way
- Practice Five: Encourage the Heart
- Practices in Practice
Module 3: Building Trust
- The Cycle of Trust and Performance
- Trust Exercise
Module 4: Managing Change
- About Change
- Individual Exercise
- Key Factors in Successful Change
Module 5: The Four Room Apartment Module 6: Time Management Tips and Tricks
- Getting Things in Order
- Mastering Email
- Time Management Tips
Module 7: Managers vs. Leaders Module 8: Types of Thinking
- Directional Thinking
- Consequential Thinking
- Ethics 101
Module 9: Influence Strategies Module 10: Managing Relationships
- The Relationship Cycle
- Coaching Through Conflict
- Validating Personal Conflict Strategies
- Preparing for Conflict
- Managing Stress
Module 11: A Simple Problem-Solving Process
- Systematic Problem Solving
- Personal Problems
Module 12: Strategic Planning
- SWOT Analysis
- Individual Analysis
Module 13: Doing Delegation Right
- What is Delegation?
- Group Definitions
- Levels of Delegation
- Delegation Role Plays
Module 14: Criteria for Useful Feedback
- Introduction Exercise
- Giving Constructive Feedback
Module 15: Feedback Techniques
- Role Play
Module 16: Mastering Your Body Language
Module 17: Meeting Management
- Preparing for Meetings
- Managing Meetings
- Presentation Tips