The Fundamentals of Writing one-day writing workshop teaches students the core principles of effective writing to thrive in written communication in the workplace. The course goes through such topics as what constitutes clear and effective writing, sentence and paragraph construction, and even creating business cases, proposals, and reports.
At the conclusion of the training students will be able to do the following:
- Make their writing clear, complete, concise, and correct
- Improve sentence construction and paragraph development
- Deal with the specific business requests
- Create effective business cases, proposals, and reports
- Thoroughly document sources that they use in their writing
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
The C’s of Writing
- How to write clearly
- How to write concisely
- Make your writing complete
- Make your writing correct
- Correct paragraph length
- Elements of a paragraph
- How to order your writing
Dealing with Specific Requests
- Writing for a purpose
- Letters of request
Preparing Business Documents
- Business cases
- Request for proposal
- Formal report
- Self appraisal of past writing
Fundamentals of Writing Training FAQs
Fundamentals of Writing training is ideal for any team member from individual contributors to C-Suite executives looking to improve their professional writing.
“Awesome instructor, well prepared!”
– Student, May 2019
“[The instructor] was great! Very interactive and high energy.”
– Student, June 2018