Training and Certification
ISACA Exam Testing Changes in 2017
July 20, 2017
ISACA exams were known to only be offered 2-3 times per year. This made testing to become a CISA, CISM, CRISC, or CGEIT an event in itself since you needed to mold your schedule around the exam date chosen by ISACA. Starting in 2017, this testing method has gotten an update.
Testing Dates to Testing Window
In the past, candidates could choose from three testing dates usually in June, August and December. Now ISACA has moved to what they label “testing windows” — three 8-week blocks that you can schedule your exam within. In 2017, the testing windows are:
- May 1–June 30
- Registration Window: November 15, 2016-June 23, 2017
- Deferrals Deadline: June 30, 2017
- August 1–September 30
- Registration Window: May 1-September 22, 2017
- Deferrals Deadline: September 30, 2017
- November 1–December 31
- Registration Window: August 1-December 20, 2017
- Deferrals Deadline: December 31, 2017
Questions About the ISACA Testing Changes?
How Do You Register for Your ISACA Exam & Schedule Your Exam Date?
All registration for ISACA exams is done online www.isaca.org/examreg. Once here:
- Select the ISACA certification and the testing window you want to test for
- Either log into an existing account or create a new one. Please remember that the name you register under is exactly the same as how it appears on the government-issued identification you plan to present on your exam day.
- Proceed to pay for the exam by clicking “Complete Purchase.” Please note, that by selecting this button you are signifying your acceptance of ISACA’s Terms and Conditions.
After these steps have been completed, candidates can expect to receive an email the following business day with the instructions for how to schedule their specific exam appointment.
- Candidates will log in at www.isaca.org/myisaca
- Select myCertifications
- Select “Schedule Exam” in the Pre-Certification Summary section. This will take you to the PSI scheduling page.
- Follow the instructions to schedule your appointment. Please note, that you need to make sure to schedule it for a day within the testing window you selected when registering for the exam. If you do not select a date within that window and you do not defer your exam, you will forfeit your registration fee and not be permitted to test.
Register for ISACA Training
Now that you know how to schedule your exam, you need to prepare for it. Contact our team at 301-258-8200 to discuss all your training options.
Image Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISACA