Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food or water to our students who attend class at our Training Center and all student Break Areas are currently closed. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat at their seat in the classroom or eat out at nearby restaurants.
Our 1 day, instructor led Management Team course teaches how teams are an important building block of successful organizations. Whether the focus is on service, quality, cost, value, speed, efficiency, performance, or other similar goals, teams are the basic unit that supports most organizations. With teams at the core of corporate strategy, an organization’s success can depend on how well team members operate together. How are their problem-solving skills? Is the team enthusiastic and motivated to do its best? Do they work well together? This one-day course can help participants get there! At the conclusion of this course, participants will know the following:
- The value of working as a team
- Ways to develop team norms, ground rules, and team contracts
- How to identify their team player style and how to use it with their own team
- Techniques for building team trust
- The stages of team development and how to help a team move through them
- The critical role communication skills will play in building and maintaining a team atmosphere
- Ways that team members can be involved and grow in a team setting
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Module 1: Course Overview
Module 2: Defining Teams
- What is a Team?
Module 3: Establishing Team Norms
- Characteristics of Teams
- Ground Rules
- Team Contracts
Module 4: Working as a Team Module 5: Your Team Player Type
- What’s Your Team Player Type?
- What Does It Mean to Have a Number?
- My Team Style
Module 6: Building Team Trust
- Why is Trust Important?
- Building Trust
Module 7: The Stages of Team Development Module 8: Team Building with TORI
- The TORI Model
Module 9: Communication
- Defining Communication
- Listening Skills