Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food or water to our students who attend class at our Training Center and all student Break Areas are currently closed. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat at their seat in the classroom or eat out at nearby restaurants.
This 1-day, instructor led course is for people who are new supervisors or who are interested in a supervisory position, as well as those who are team leads or part-time supervisors without a great deal of authority. This class is designed to help participants overcome many of the supervisory problems that they will encounter as a workplace leader. At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Adjust to the supervisor’s role with confidence.
- Develop their skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees.
- Identify key attitudes that they can develop to enhance their supervisory skills.
- Use time management and planning techniques to maximize their success.
- Develop a technique for giving instructions that are clear and understood.
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so they are seen as fair and consistent.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Module 1: Course Overview
Module 2: Making the Transition
- How Will My Role Change?
- Questions Supervisors Have
Module 3: Responsibilities of a Supervisor
- Making Connections
Module 4: Key Behaviors and Attitudes
- Building the Right Environment
- Motivation from Within
- Committing to Lifelong Learning
Module 5: Setting Goals
- Know Where You Are Going
- Setting Goals with SPIRIT
Module 6: Planning for Success
- How Can Planning Help Me?
- Getting Things in Order
- Mastering Email
- Time Management Tips
- The Parts of a Good Plan
- The Next Steps
Module 7: Active Listening Techniques
- About Active Listening
- Key Listening Skills
- Tips for Becoming a Better Listener
Module 8: Communication Skills
- Questioning Skills
- Probing Techniques
- Pushing My Buttons
- What Is Said and What Is Heard
- Managing Non-Verbal Messages
Module 9: Giving Feedback
- Six Characteristics of Effective Feedback
- Skill Building
- Receiving Feedback
Module 10: Giving Instructions
- Paper Tearing Exercise
- Techniques for Giving Instructions
Module 11: Orders, Requests, and Suggestions
- Defining the Terms
- Making Connections
Module 12: Managing Conflict
- The Conflict Resolution Process
- Breaking Down the Process
Module 13: Managing Challenging Situations
- Steps for a Difficult Conversation
Module 14: Developing Relationships
- Understanding Your Relationships
- Establishing Credibility