BONUS! Cyber Phoenix Subscription Included: All Phoenix TS students receive complimentary ninety (90) day access to the Cyber Phoenix learning platform, which hosts hundreds of expert asynchronous training courses in Cybersecurity, IT, Soft Skills, and Management and more!
Phoenix TS’ 5-day instructor-led Microsoft Windows Client training and certification boot camp in Washington, DC Metro, Tysons Corner, VA, Columbia, MD or Live Online teaches students learn how to support and configure Windows desktops in an organizational environment. Students will develop skills that include learning how to install, customize, and update Windows 10 and later operating systems. Students will learn how to managing storage, files, and devices as well as how to configure network connectivity for Windows 10. Students will also learn how to secure the Windows client OS and protect the data on the device. Finally, students will learn how to manage and troubleshoot Windows clients.
After the course, students will learn how to:
- Install and customize Windows clients
- Configure Updates for Windows.
- Configure devices and drivers for Windows.
- Configure storage for Windows.
- Configure network and remote management settings in Windows.
- Configure and manage browsers and applications in Windows.
- Configure account access and authentication.
- Configure file and folder permissions.
- Describe methods for securing Windows clien, common threats and methods for mitigating against them.
- Troubleshoot Windows and application installations.
- Troubleshoot hardware and driver issues.
- Troubleshoot file issues and perform recoveries.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
- Candidates must be familiar with Microsoft 365 workloads and must be proficient and experienced in deploying, configuring, and maintaining Windows Client and non-Windows devices and technologies.
MS-100: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services
|Manage devices and data||25-30%|
|Configure storage and connectivity||15-20%|
You can purchase the exam voucher separately through Phoenix TS. Phoenix TS is an authorized testing center for Pearson VUE and Prometric websites. Register for exams by calling us or visiting the Pearson VUE and Prometric websites.
Module 1: Installing Windows
- Introducing Windows Client
- Windows Client Editions and Requirements
- Installation Methods
- Upgrading and Migrating Windows Clients
- Deployment Methods
Module 2: Configuring Authorization & Authentication
- Managing Users and Groups
- Configuring User Account Control
- Implementing Device Registration
Module 3: Post-installation Configuration and Personalization
- Configure and Customize the Windows Start Menu
- Common Configuration Options
- Advanced Configuration Methods
- Managing Drivers and Devices
Module 4: Updating Windows
- Windows Servicing Model
- Updating Windows
Module 5: Configuring Networking
- Configure IP Network Connectivity
- Implement Name Resolution
- Implement Wireless Network Connectivity
- Remote Access Overview
- Remote Management
Module 6: Configuring Storage
- Managing Storage
- Managing Disks and Volumes
- Managing Storage Spaces
Module 7: Configuring Data Access and Usage
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Managing User Files
Module 8: Managing Apps in Windows Client
- Providing Apps to Users
- Managing Universal Windows Apps
- Managing the Microsoft Edge Browser
Module 9: Configuring Threat Protection and Advanced Security
- Malware and Threat Protection
- Microsoft Defender
- Connection Security Rules
- Advanced Protection Methods
Module 10: Supporting the Windows Client Environment
- Windows Architecture
- Support and Diagnostic Tools
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Computer Performance
Module 11: Troubleshooting Files & Applications
- File Recovery in Windows
- Application Troubleshooting
Module 12: Troubleshooting the OS
- Troubleshooting Windows Startup
- Troubleshooting Operating System Service Issues
Module 13: Troubleshooting Hardware and Drivers
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures