Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food to our students who attend class at our Training Center; however, our Break Areas are currently open where students will find a constant supply of Coffee, Tea and Water. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat in our breakrooms or at their seat in the classroom or eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
This 5 day instructor led, course will teach participants how to support and configure Windows desktops in an organizational environment.
Install and customize Windows clients
Configure Updates for Windows.
Configure devices and drivers for Windows.
Configure storage for Windows.
Configure network and remote management settings in Windows.
Configure and manage browsers and applications in Windows.
Configure account access and authentication.
Configure file and folder permissions.
Describe methods for securing Windows client, common threats and methods for mitigating against them.
Troubleshoot Windows and application installations.
Troubleshoot hardware and driver issues.
Troubleshoot file issues and perform recoveries
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Module 1: Installing Windows
- Introducing Windows Client
- Windows Client Editions and Requirements
- Installation Methods
- Upgrading and Migrating Windows Clients
- Deployment Methods
- Lab : Deploying Windows using Windows ADK tools
- Lab : Migrating User Settings using USMT
Module 2: Configuring Authorization & Authentication
- Managing Users and Groups
- Configuring User Account Control
- Implementing Device Registration
- Lab : Managing Local User and Microsoft Account Authentication
- Lab : Managing Domain Authentication
- Lab : Managing password and account options
- Lab : Managing Azure AD Authentication
Module 3: Post-installation Configuration and Personalization
- Configure and Customize the Windows Start Menu
- Common Configuration Options
- Advanced Configuration Methods
- Managing Drivers and Devices
- Lab : Managing Windows 10 Settings
- Lab : Synchronizing settings between devices
- Lab : Managing local and network printers
Module 4: Updating Windows
- Windows Servicing Model
- Updating Windows
- Lab : Managing Windows Update Settings
Module 5: Configuring Networking
- Configure IP Network Connectivity
- Implement Name Resolution
- Implement Wireless Network Connectivity
- Remote Access Overview
- Remote Management
- Lab : Configuring Network Connectivity
- Lab : Configuring and Testing Name Resolution
- Lab : Administering Windows 10 Using Remote Management
Module 6: Configuring Storage
- Managing Storage
- Managing Disks and Volumes
- Managing Storage Spaces
- Lab : Managing Storage
- Lab : Creating a Storage Space
Module 7: Configuring Data Access and Usage
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Managing User Files
- Lab : Configuring and Managing Permissions and Shares
- Lab : Using Conditions to Control Access and Effective Permissions
- Lab : Work Folders
- Lab : Synchronizing files with OneDrive
Module 8: Managing Apps in Windows Client
- Providing Apps to Users
- Managing Universal Windows Apps
- Managing the Microsoft Edge Browser
- Lab : Installing Apps in Windows 10
- Lab : Configuring Microsoft Edge to support Internet Explorer
Module 9: Configuring Threat Protection and Advanced Security
- Malware and Threat Protection
- Microsoft Defender
- Connection Security Rules
- Advanced Protection Methods
- Lab : Configuring Microsoft Defender Antivirus and Windows Security
- Lab : Configuring Firewall and Connection Security
- Lab : Configuring BitLocker
Module 10: Supporting the Windows Client Environment
- Windows Architecture
- Support and Diagnostic Tools
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Computer Performance
- Lab : Monitoring Events
- Lab : Monitoring Reliability and Performance
Module 11: Troubleshooting Files & Applications
- File Recovery in Windows
- Application Troubleshooting
- Lab : Using File History to Recover Files
Module 12: Troubleshooting the OS
- Troubleshooting Windows Startup
- Troubleshooting Operating System Service Issues
- Lab : Using Advanced Startup and Windows RE to recover from Boot Failures
- Lab : Recovering Windows using Reset This PC
Module 13: Troubleshooting Hardware and Drivers
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
- Lab : Recovering Windows by using a Restore Point
- Lab : Troubleshooting Hardware by Using Windows Memory Diagnostics
- Deploy Windows (15-20%)
- Manage devices and data (25-30%)
- Configure storage and connectivity (15-20%)
- Maintain Windows (30-35%)
- Passing Score: 700