BONUS! Cyber Phoenix Subscription Included: All Phoenix TS students receive complimentary ninety (90) day access to the Cyber Phoenix learning platform, which hosts hundreds of expert asynchronous training courses in Cybersecurity, IT, Soft Skills, and Management and more!
This training course teaches participants how to turn difficult situations into opportunities for growth. Success comes from understanding how we behave, as well as how we can influence others. If we approach difficulties as needing to take place in one or a series of conversations, and we approach those conversations with a plan, we will find that we have less difficult people to deal with. More often than not, we will also have more meaningful and significant conversations.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Conflict as Communication
- This lecture will help participants define conflict. Participants will also explore how conflict is a very normal part of healthy relationships. To wrap up the session, they will complete a self-assessment to help them analyze how they currently handle conflict and how they might be able to improve.
Benefits of Confrontation
- This session will give participants a framework for deciding whether or not to become involved in a situation. Participants will also identify some benefits that may arise if they do decide to get involved.
- There are several key ways that we can prevent problems from occurring. These methods will be examined in a lecture and in small group work.
- If, as leaders, we are content to only deal with the surface issues, and we are afraid to dig and get at the deeper issues, we will not create a better workplace. This session will give participants some ways to get to the heart of a problem.
- Too many people are angry! This session will give participants some guidelines for managing their anger, dealing with angry people, and using assertive anger.
Dealing with Problems
- n this session, participants will work in small groups to explore eight ways of dealing with problems.
The Three-Step Conflict Resolution Model
- During this session, we will look at a three-step process that can help participants resolve conflict. Participants will also have an opportunity to apply the model to a difficult situation.
Practice Makes Pretty Good
- In this session, participants will role play a difficult situation using the scenario from their pre-assignment.
- Earlier we discussed how our attitudes and actions impact others. In this session, we will take a deeper look at how negative attitudes can cause negative interactions, and what we can do to turn those attitudes around.
Why Don’t People Do What They Are Supposed To?
- There are a million possible answers to this question, but we will discuss the ten most common reasons.
De-Stress Options to Use When Things Get Ugly
- To wrap up the workshop, we will share six de-stressing techniques that participants can use when things get difficult.
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.