BONUS! Cyber Phoenix Subscription Included: All Phoenix TS students receive complimentary ninety (90) day access to the Cyber Phoenix learning platform, which hosts hundreds of expert asynchronous training courses in Cybersecurity, IT, Soft Skills, and Management and more!
This half day, instructor led Managing Conflict course will help you understand and learn the skills and techniques to manage situations in which people are pushing against one another in this way. We will also explore ways of responding to these situations so that everyone gets what they need. At the compeltion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the different types of conflicts that can arise in personal and professional settings.
- Understand the root causes of conflicts to address them effectively.
- Develop active listening skills to better comprehend others’ perspectives during conflicts.
- Learn various conflict resolution techniques and strategies.
- Practice de-escalation methods to reduce tension and find common ground.
- Gain skills in assertive communication to express needs and concerns constructively.
- Explore methods for managing and resolving conflicts within teams and organizations.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
- Course topics
- My personal objectives
- About conflict
- Anatomy of a conflict
- The conflict life cycle
- Possible outcomes
- The five styles of conflict management
- Review: Conflict management styles
Responding to conflict
- Discussion: Emotions and conflict
- Responses to conflict
- Steps to conflict resolution
Understanding others’ perspectives
- Analyzing the conflict
- The Conflict Resolution Process
Activity: Acknowledging the challenges
- Rules of engagement