Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food to our students who attend class at our Training Center; however, our Break Areas are currently open where students will find a constant supply of Coffee, Tea and Water. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat in our breakrooms or at their seat in the classroom or eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
This three day, instructor led leadership training course discusses the common traits and behaviors of effective leaders. This course explores leadership from various perspectives and allows students to arrive at their own personal interpretation of leadership. Student will assess their leadership skills, accept feedback from classmates and will develop a self-development action plan. This course is designed for team leaders, supervisors, managers and anyone else wishing to enhance their leadership skills. At the conclusion of this course participants will be able to:
- Define your role as a manager and identify how that role differs from other roles you have had.
- Understand the management challenge and the new functions of management.
- Discover how you can prepare for and embrace the forces of change.
- Identify ways to get you and your workspace organized and get a jump on the next crisis.
- Identify your leadership profile and explore ways to use this knowledge to improve your success as a manager.
- Enhance your ability to communicate with others in meetings and through presentations.
- Create an action plan for managing your career success.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Module 1: Course Overview
Module 2: About the Learning Organization
- What is a Learning Organization?
- Are You a Lifelong Learner?
Module 3: Achieving Personal Mastery
- What is Personal Mastery?
- Your Personal Vision
- Our Personal Vision and Our Values
Module 4: Analyzing Our Mental Models
Module 5: Achieving a Shared Vision
Module 6: Team Learning
Module 7: Systems Thinking
Module 8: Understanding Leadership
- About Leadership
- Understanding Your Comfort Zone
- Managing Performance
- Servant Leadership
- Onboarding and Orientation
Module 9: Five Practices
- Practices One, Two, and Three
- Image Identification
- Practices Four and Five
- Practices in Practice
Module 10: Building Trust
- The Cycle of Trust and Performance
- Trust Exercise
Module 11: Managing Change
- About Change
- Individual Exercise
- Key Factors in Successful Change
Module 12: The Four Room Apartment
Module 13: Time Management Tips and Tricks
- Getting Things in Order
- Mastering Email
- Time Management Tips
Module 14: Managers vs. Leaders
Module 15: Types of Thinking
- Directional Thinking
- Consequential Thinking
- Ethics 101
Module 16: Influence Strategies
Module 17: Managing Relationships
- The Relationship Cycle
- Coaching Through Conflict
- Validating Personal Conflict Strategies
- Preparing for Conflict
- Managing Stress
Module 18: A Simple Problem Solving Process
- Systematic Problem Solving
- Personal Problems
Module 19: Strategic Planning
- SWOT Analysis
- Individual Analysis
Module 20: Doing Delegation Right
- What is Delegation?
- Group Definitions
- Levels of Delegation
- Delegation Role Plays
Module 21: Criteria for Useful Feedback
- Introduction Exercise
- Giving Constructive Feedback
Module 22: Feedback Techniques
- Role Play
Module 23: Mastering Your Body Language
Module 24: Meeting Management
- Preparing for Meetings
- Managing Meetings
- Presentation Tips