Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food to our students who attend class at our Training Center; however, our Break Areas are currently open where students will find a constant supply of Coffee, Tea and Water. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat in our breakrooms or at their seat in the classroom or eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
This 1-day, instructor-led writing course teaches participants how to write clear, effective business documents including brief. Students learn to only include the important details in an interesting manner. This training will address:
- Communication objectives
- Effective writing
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to do the following:
- Know the value of good written communication.
- Write and proofread writing so it is clear, concise, complete, and correct.
- Apply these skills to brief writing or other writing situations that you encounter in your job.
- Understand the proper format for briefs, memos, letters, and e-mails.
Overview of Business Writing and Briefs
- Course objectives
- Personal objectives
- Writing Clearly
- Making your writing complete
Active and Passive Voice
Sentence and Sentence Type
- Sentences and paragraphs
Writing a Brief
- Steps to writing a brief
- Briefs at work
Writing Business Letters
- Steps to writing business letters
- Parts of a business letter
Writing Effective Letters
- Email basics
- Managing emails
- Email at work