Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food to our students who attend class at our Training Center; however, our Break Areas are currently open where students will find a constant supply of Coffee, Tea and Water. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat in our breakrooms or at their seat in the classroom or eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
This 2-day, instructor-led course is designed for government employees dealing with the process or effects of federal budgeting. This training will provide an understanding of the following elements in the federal process:
- The President’s budget submission
- Budget resolution
- Budget reconciliation
- The ‘Byrd Rule’
- Budget execution
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
- Lesson 1: Federal Budget Process Introduction
- Lesson 2: Executive Budget Process Overview
- Lesson 3: Timetable of the Executive Budget Process
- Lesson 4: Congressional Budget Process Overview
- Lesson 5: Timetable of the Congressional Budget Process
- Lesson 6: Enforcing Budget Resolution
- Lesson 7: The Process of Budget Reconciliation
- Lesson 8: Congressional Appropriation Process
- Lesson 9: Federal Budget Process Reformation
- Lesson 10: The Congressional Deskbook
- Lesson 11: Discretionary Spending Trends
- Lesson 12: Budget Control Act Purpose of a Federal Budget
Federal Budget Process Training FAQs
This course is intended for federal personnel who handle the process and effects of federal budgeting.