BONUS! Cyber Phoenix Subscription Included: All Phoenix TS students receive complimentary ninety (90) day access to the Cyber Phoenix learning platform, which hosts hundreds of expert asynchronous training courses in Cybersecurity, IT, Soft Skills, and Management and more!
Phoenix TS’ Instructor-led Federal Appropriations Update course is for anyone that attended Appropriations Law training more than three years ago. This course brings attendees up to date on the latest changes in the GAO’s Principles of Federal Appropriations Law (Red Book) and covers recent appropriations law case rulings. Participants will also learn how to utilize powerful research tools and resources. This training will:
- Bring students up to date on the latest changes in the GAO’s Principles of Federal Appropriations Law
- Cover recent appropriations law case rulings
- Address topics such as lobbying, personal services equipment, gifts, contests, serving food and refreshments, grants, expenses and credit monitoring services, and Anti-Deficiency Act (ADA) reporting requirements.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Introduction and Legal Framework
- Appropriations Law basics
- Appropriations and committees
- Resources available for Appropriations Law research
- General topics
- Module capstone: case studies for introduction and legal framework
Purpose Law: Factors, Requirements, and Guidance
- Factors to consider in purpose law
- Requirements and guidance
- Module capstone: purpose law: factors, requirements, and guidance
Legal Availability of Funds as to Time
- Bona Fide needs rule
- Time-related requirements
- Module capstone: legal availability of funds as to time
Amount and Antideficiency Act Violations
- Following the Antideficiency Act
- Module capstone: amount and Antideficiency Act violations
Obligation, Continuing Resolutions, and Accountable Officers
- Continuing resolution requirements
- Accountable officers
- Module capstone: obligation, continuing resolutions, and accountable officers
This course is intended for Program Managers, Accountants, Budget Analysts, Auditors, Purchase Card Holders, Approving Managers, Contracting Officers, Certifying Officers, and Attorneys working in the federal government.