Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food to our students who attend class at our Training Center; however, our Break Areas are currently open where students will find a constant supply of Coffee, Tea and Water. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat in our breakrooms or at their seat in the classroom or eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
Our 2-day, instructor-led A+ Certification Training course is ideal for someone in the early stages of their IT career. It covers:
- Interpret the intent, purpose and audience of correspondence-writing tasks
- Understand the qualities of good correspondence as they apply to a 21st century government environment
- Identify and correct weaknesses and errors in correspondence documents, including email
- Apply the priorities for effective correspondence using a systematic, yet flexible, writing process
- Apply techniques to overcome writer’s block, reduce stress and efficiently complete correspondence-writing tasks
- Prepare drafts through techniques for composition, including modifying templates and model documents
- Compose drafts from mind maps, notes and outlines
- Revise documents for readability and tone
- Assess whether documents meet the standards of the Plain Writing Act of 2010
- Create, revise and evaluate various types of correspondence documents
- Understand the similarities and differences between paper-based documents and email
- Coordinate and conclude the document drafting process; decide when a document is ready for release
- Apply proofreading techniques for error-free correspondence
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.