Our 2-day, instructor-led A+ Certification Training course is ideal for someone in the early stages of their IT career. It covers:
- Interpret the intent, purpose and audience of correspondence-writing tasks
- Understand the qualities of good correspondence as they apply to a 21st century government environment
- Identify and correct weaknesses and errors in correspondence documents, including email
- Apply the priorities for effective correspondence using a systematic, yet flexible, writing process
- Apply techniques to overcome writer’s block, reduce stress and efficiently complete correspondence-writing tasks
- Prepare drafts through techniques for composition, including modifying templates and model documents
- Compose drafts from mind maps, notes and outlines
- Revise documents for readability and tone
- Assess whether documents meet the standards of the Plain Writing Act of 2010
- Create, revise and evaluate various types of correspondence documents
- Understand the similarities and differences between paper-based documents and email
- Coordinate and conclude the document drafting process; decide when a document is ready for release
- Apply proofreading techniques for error-free correspondence
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.