Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food to our students who attend class at our Training Center; however, our Break Areas are currently open where students will find a constant supply of Coffee, Tea and Water. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat in our breakrooms or at their seat in the classroom or eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
Phoenix TS’ Instructor-led Developing Assertiveness course teaches federal employees about assertiveness and self-confidence and how to develop each of those traits and apply to their daily lives. This training will cover the following topics:
- Define Self Confidence and Assertiveness
- Identify types of negative thinking
- Examine body language
- build communication skills
- Learn to dress to impress
- Develop techniques for dealing with difficult behavior
- Set goals
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: What Does Self-Confidence Mean To You?
- What is Assertiveness?
- What is Self-Confidence?
- The Four Styles
Module Three: Obstacles to Our Goals
- Types of Negative Thinking
- Case Study
- Personal Application
Module Four: Communication Skills
- Listening and Hearing: They Aren”t the Same Thing
- Asking Questions
- Body Language
Module Five: The Importance of Goal Setting
- Why Goal Setting is Important
- Setting SMART Goals
- Our Challenge to You
Module Six: Feeling the Part
- Identifying Your Worth
- Creating Positive Self-Talk
- Identifying and Addressing Strengths and Weaknesses
Module Seven: Looking the Part
- The Importance of Appearance
- The Role of Body Language
- First Impressions Count!
Module Eight: Sounding the Part
- It”s How You Say It
- Sounding Confident
- Using “I” Messages
Module Nine: Powerful Presentations
- What to Do When You”re on the Spot
- Using STAR To Make Your Case
Module Ten: Coping Techniques
- Building Rapport
- Expressing Disagreement
- Coming to Consensus
Module Eleven: Dealing with Difficult Behavior
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Key Tactics