BONUS! Cyber Phoenix Subscription Included: All Phoenix TS students receive complimentary ninety (90) day access to the Cyber Phoenix learning platform, which hosts hundreds of expert asynchronous training courses in Cybersecurity, IT, Soft Skills, and Management and more!
Phoenix TS’ Instructor-led Developing Assertiveness course teaches federal employees about assertiveness and self-confidence and how to develop those traits and apply them to their daily lives.
- Define Self Confidence and Assertiveness
- Identify types of negative thinking
- Examine body language
- build communication skills
- Learn to dress to impress
- Develop techniques for dealing with difficult behavior
- Set goals
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: What Does Self-Confidence Mean To You?
- What is Assertiveness?
- What is Self-Confidence?
- The Four Styles
Module Three: Obstacles to Our Goals
- Types of Negative Thinking
- Case Study
- Personal Application
Module Four: Communication Skills
- Listening and Hearing: They Aren”t the Same Thing
- Asking Questions
- Body Language
Module Five: The Importance of Goal Setting
- Why Goal Setting is Important
- Setting SMART Goals
- Our Challenge to You
Module Six: Feeling the Part
- Identifying Your Worth
- Creating Positive Self-Talk
- Identifying and Addressing Strengths and Weaknesses
Module Seven: Looking the Part
- The Importance of Appearance
- The Role of Body Language
- First Impressions Count!
Module Eight: Sounding the Part
- It”s How You Say It
- Sounding Confident
- Using “I” Messages
Module Nine: Powerful Presentations
- What to Do When You”re on the Spot
- Using STAR To Make Your Case
Module Ten: Coping Techniques
- Building Rapport
- Expressing Disagreement
- Coming to Consensus
Module Eleven: Dealing with Difficult Behavior
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Key Tactics