Phoenix TS’ Instructor-led Developing Assertiveness course teaches federal employees about assertiveness and self-confidence and how to develop those traits and apply them to their daily lives.
- Define Self Confidence and Assertiveness
- Identify types of negative thinking
- Examine body language
- build communication skills
- Learn to dress to impress
- Develop techniques for dealing with difficult behavior
- Set goals
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: What Does Self-Confidence Mean To You?
- What is Assertiveness?
- What is Self-Confidence?
- The Four Styles
Module Three: Obstacles to Our Goals
- Types of Negative Thinking
- Case Study
- Personal Application
Module Four: Communication Skills
- Listening and Hearing: They Aren”t the Same Thing
- Asking Questions
- Body Language
Module Five: The Importance of Goal Setting
- Why Goal Setting is Important
- Setting SMART Goals
- Our Challenge to You
Module Six: Feeling the Part
- Identifying Your Worth
- Creating Positive Self-Talk
- Identifying and Addressing Strengths and Weaknesses
Module Seven: Looking the Part
- The Importance of Appearance
- The Role of Body Language
- First Impressions Count!
Module Eight: Sounding the Part
- It”s How You Say It
- Sounding Confident
- Using “I” Messages
Module Nine: Powerful Presentations
- What to Do When You”re on the Spot
- Using STAR To Make Your Case
Module Ten: Coping Techniques
- Building Rapport
- Expressing Disagreement
- Coming to Consensus
Module Eleven: Dealing with Difficult Behavior
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Key Tactics