Due to Covid-19 safety restrictions PhoenixTS will temporarily be unable to provide food to our students who attend class at our Training Center; however, our Break Areas are currently open where students will find a constant supply of Coffee, Tea and Water. Students may bring their own lunch and snacks to eat in our breakrooms or at their seat in the classroom or eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
Phoenix TS’ Instructor-led Active Listening course will provide participants with the techniques needed to develop active listening skills and build deeper connections within the Federal workplace. At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Listen actively and effectively
- Ask good questions
- Be able to paraphrase conversations
- Adeptly converse and network with others
- Establish common ground and build relationships with others
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Session One: Course Overview
Session Two: Defining Active Listening
- What is Active Listening?
- Identifying Good Listeners
- Tips for Becoming a Better Listener
- Pre-Assignment Review
Session Three: Body Language Basics
Session Four: Attitude is Everything!
- Understanding Sympathy and Empathy
- Creating the Right Mindset
- Being Genuine
- Making Connections
Session Five: Encouraging Conversation
- What Is Said and What Is Heard
- Asking Questions
- Probing Techniques
- Paraphrasing Techniques
Session Six: Building Relationships
- Building Common Ground
- NLP Tips and Tricks