BONUS! Cyber Phoenix Subscription Included: All Phoenix TS students receive complimentary ninety (90) day access to the Cyber Phoenix learning platform, which hosts hundreds of expert asynchronous training courses in Cybersecurity, IT, Soft Skills, and Management and more!
This half day, instructor led course helps prepare professional for transiitoning into a leadership role. Leaders are the core function of any organization. You are responsible for the well being of the company and its employees. Leaders should be a skilled, experienced, and motivated set of individuals who will do whatever necessary for the best interest of the company. This course is designed to help you understand what your new role and responsibilities are all about and what it conveys. People are complex, and managing them is not always a straightforward task. It will introduce several concepts and techniques and best practice to help you learn the skills that will make you successful in your new role. You will be able to apply practical skills for becoming a confident leader.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of leadership.
- Discover your strengths and areas for improvement as a leader.
- Improve your communication skills for leading teams.
- Learn how to build and lead successful teams.
- Enhance your decision-making skills.
- Develop skills to handle conflicts positively.
- Understand how to lead during periods of change.
- Create a plan for your own leadership development.
Currently, there are no public classes scheduled. Please contact a Phoenix TS Training Consultant to discuss hosting a private class at 240-667-7757.
Module 1: Overview
- Leadership versus management
- Defining your new role and responsibilities
- Adopting a new leader mindset
- Understanding your values
Module 2: Foundational skills
- Demonstrating professionalism
- Establishing credibility
- Establishing accountability
- Building trust
- Managing up
Module 3: Structural approaches to planning and organizing
- About planning and organizing
- Setting goals
- Setting expectations
- Delegating effectively
- Feeling pressure & handling stress
Module 4: Leadership styles
- Leadership styles
- Influence versus persuasion